CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Friday, April 20, 2012

Thoughts about Care

I am almost 50% done with my volunteer time here at care. Today was a day off but not feeling good and it was raining, I spent my time in the rig doing lots of thinking. Would I come back here again as a volunteer? Yes I think I would, not because I like the area or the park itself, because I don't...  I have however fallen in a kind of love for the residents.

   Young people could lean a lot from the older couples, some married for 50,60,70 years. It is so cool to see the love and devotions that still shows. I watch in wonder and yes envy as some walk around the park helping each other or maybe holding hands. Maybe they walk slow or need help but the other one is right there helping. One couple here reminds me so much of my grandparents it amazes me, this is the one that has made it for 70 years.

  So no matter what chore I am given to do here I will not mind, just have to remember why I am here.. It is all for the residents, to help them enjoy a full life during this time. Without a place like CARE most of this couples could not stay together, one or both would end up in a nursing home alone.  That is the bottom line why I volunteered in the first place, need to keep reminding myself...  I am not by nature a volunteer type so sometimes I have problems doing some things....  BUT I will get "R" done..


This I promise myself..



3 comments:

Julia said...

Good post, you have a good heart and I'm sure it shows there. I wouldn't be a bit surprised that the residents like and admire you too.

Unknown said...

Thanks... the people here are really nice .. Have one volunteer I am ready to choke, keeps referring to me as him or he... So I have started calling her husband she or her... No matter she is a so called Christian so what can you expect... It leaves this coming Wednesday..

Julia said...

Ya, that crap is just frig'n wonderful ! I feel for ya ! Some people are just hurtful asses. You know what I think of so called "christians" !