CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Thursday, April 12, 2012

OMG I am so confused

   Why oh why do people play power games...  Here at the CARE Center I have been happy to do outdoor maintenance, with two very nice couples who work very hard. Have to also mention the couple that works in the kitchen even on days off to help out. Now it seems we may loose all of them because of the will of one. Seems that some rule was broken ( not clear on what it was ) so one of the best liked administer was fired, and it was blamed on something a volunteer did????? So that person quite in support of the one that was fired, now two other couples are ready to leave if something is not done to control the hard feelings going around. That would leave one couple and two singles to do the work of six couples.. In numbers that is four (4 ) to do the work of twelve (12)..  Oh course if it comes down to only 4 I think things will see it turn into ZERO!!!!!  I know I am not willing to work over 40 hours a week at no pay and still have to pay for my electric.... Hoping things settle down and it is all worked out, I would feel sick leaving the residents in such a state...  but will if it comes to that...

It started out as such a nice day too...

4 comments:

Julia said...

Oh Dear, doesn't sound good...what a position to be put in and not anything you did to get there. But, sounds like the typical bull-shit that goes on with that whole membership, constantly picking on each other over nothing. I hope the residents aren't adversely effected some of those folks need that facility to work well and they cannot just up and leave they are to old to ill or both. A bad situation.

Unknown said...

I had to think long and hard about what to do, I really like Tom and Bill, I think if I had work with them longer ( at least 45 days ) I would have left. However I have chosen to live up to my commitment and stay. ( at least for now ) If things get worse and more then one other couple leave then I will have to go.. I will NOT let myself be overworked as a volunteer. That is not what this is about.... If not for the residents ....... Just hoping this does not get any nastier then it already is. Had 16 volunteers the week I started as of this morning down to 8.. Maybe 7 not sure..

Unknown said...

Side note ...... at times like this I wish we could sit and talk... Hard to express to people I only recent met...

Julia said...

Damn ! Do the managers realize what is happening? They depend on volunteers without them a lot doesn't get done.

I understand; sometimes you have to take things in steps and make a decision as things go along. Not a good situation.

I understand about expressing yourself. I have to watch what I say and how I say it and there are things I cannot talk about with anyone. Even with doing that I know there has been talk. Oh well, just keep on keeping on.