CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Good news and sad news

       Monday was a nice and easy day.  I was not schedule to do anything after 8:30 am, I did end up driving a couple to the Doctors in Livingston. I had no problems doing this because it was Pearl and her husband, both are 94 years old and the sweetest couple you could ever hope to meet. It is people like them that I like helping and why I am still willing to stay here as a volunteer.

       Sad news is that today Tuesday April 17th, one of our residents has to leave and go into a nursing home, her husband can no longer handle the amount of care she needs and this place is not set up for 24/7 care. The good byes were said during breakfast and lunch. Many tears were shed. I took no photos because I felt it was not right to intrude in such a way..


     Okay....  wish I could get away with things...  My partner, who so far has worked one hour this week has talked his way into getting Saturday off. So the way the schedule is he only has to work today, tomorrow, and thursday, get Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off..  I get Friday off... hmmmmm this means I get to do the 24 hour shift (Saturday )  with a new person who I hope shows up this time...


   At least tonight he will be in ( I think ) to help me setup and serve dinner ... Easy night only doing sandwiches. So should only have to do about 4 or 5 hours today....  Okay dinner went okay except for two things. One movie ran over so we did not serve the last person until 5:45 instead of 5:30. Second my partner was outside talking for a good 30 min on the phone when he should have been in the kitchen helping to clean up and put the food away. When he showed up the only things left were the pans to be cleaned, trash taken out, and setup for breakfast... He did the pans....


I want to go back to Maintenance so I do not have to worry about anyone else...!!!!!!!!!

No comments: