CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Kitchen Duty Day one

So in about 30 min. my first day on call/kitchen duty will begin, 08:00...  My "partner" still has not arrived in the park, I guess I will play it by ear and see how it all works out. Will be adding to this as the day goes on..

Break 1.- First thing is taken head count for who eats breakfast, and asking if he/she will be here for lunch and or dinner. At 10am anyone who has not come in or called in to check in has to be called to ensure all is well and to find out if meals will be needed.
      Next on the morning list is to help with cleanup in the kitchen and wipe down the tables to get ready for lunch. Once that is done I should be free to go back to my rig after transferring the phones to my cell.. OOPS..... my phone is not getting service in the park today, or at least it is off and on... so making camp in the CARE Cafe. It is now 10:45 and ST. John still has not arrived.



     Good news is that I have been getting lots of help from several of the other volunteers who have done the on call before.

Rob has been close all day in case I need help, he is the one I will call if needed tonight if ST. John has not arrived.


  Lefkin Police and fire Dept. been calling about a resident of the park "Wander Bower " lost and confused, looking for husband. She is not on the resident list for CARE, and not in RV park.  After all was said and done she owns a lot in the park, and not under any care. So after all said and done it seems her husband is in ICU in Lufkin and someone was found "two hours later " to go pick her up. It was pure luck a long time resident was in the building who knew her.. Now 11:30 and no ST John..


Break 2.-  Lunch time from 12:30 to 2pm, had to ask a volunteer that was off to cover for me so I could get a phone installed in my rig, my cell phone is having problems with holding a good signal today. Had a nice lunch of baked Chicken and veggies..  After cleaning up I will get three hours to myself before coming back for dinner... 1:30pm St. John still not on site...


Break 3.- 2:15 pm transfered phone to rig..  Guess who has yet to arrive... Go back at 5pm...



Break 4.- Back on station 5pm...  no ST John..  Dinner service begins in an hour... Here he is 6pm all paper work completed, day over except for final cleanup and lock down...  Must be nice to show up one hour before end of the day...

Building locked up and phone forwarded to my rig for the night.. Rain and hail started just as I finished locking up before I made it to my rig.... great end to a great day....

Will go in at 6:45 am to help with breakfast and unlock the doors, then I am done with the kitchen until tuesday... Hope it all ends by 0800 at the latest... do not think I will be able to bite my tongue any longer then that.....

1 comment:

Julia said...

Interesting post I hope tomorrow goes well and you get some time to yourself. Nothing new here that I can talk about on this post.