CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Now At The City Of Rocks State Park NM

Not been feeling very good last week or so, I have Bronchitis and it has been acting up. The inhaler I was using for bad attacks has been taken off the market by our great Uncle Sammy... Ass Holes the whole lot.. Seems because it has CFC which is bad for the environment it can not longer be sold. Okay I might buy into that if not for the fact you can still buy spray paint, and other items ( non- medical ) with CFC. I guess it is more important to spray paint all the lawn furniture then it is to be able to fucking breath. So now I will be experimenting with home remedies found on the internet and any other place I can find. First will be a garlic, honey, and lemon mixture that has to ferment in the refrigerator  for two weeks. Picked up the stuff this morning and as of an hour ago it is in the refrigerator. Now time will tell if it helps.  In the mean time I drink lots and lots of black tea, no coffee, and hope I do not run out of Mucinex-DM.....  Also taken garlic pills.....  Looking for health food store to see is anything might be available....  Once again I have to thank old Uncle Sam.....  Dumb asses alll !!!!!!

   Now that I have got that out, let me tell you about City of Rocks...Nothing but good things to say about City of Rocks State Park. About 30 miles north of Deming and about 30 miles south of Silver City, this is a wonderful secluded desert park in tucked away in the southwestern corner of New Mexico. The sunsets here are nothing short of spectacular. Looking west from many of the campsites, you can see 20 to 30 miles across the desert and watch the sun go down behind the surrounding low level mountains. Amazing skys at night and unparalleled sunsets... makes ocean sunsets tame. Very peaceful. Spectacular view of the night skies here as well. Nice bathroom and shower facilities near the park's visitor center were also a plus. The park was generally clean and well maintained. The rock formations were spectacular - hard to imagine they formed here naturally. City of Rocks State Park is a real gem in the wonderful state of New Mexico.


Just in case you can not guess, this is the entrance to the park.

Photo taken during hike

Photo taken during hike

Photo taken during hike

Photo taken during hike

Photo taken during hike

Photo taken during hike

Photo taken during hike

One of the camps available ( without electric )

Photo taken during hike

Nice camp ... But I like electric power when I know the nights are to be in the 20's and 30's

Photo taken during hike

Photo taken during hike

Photo taken during hike

Photo taken during hike

Look close, can you see the rabbit?

No flowers this time of year...  :-(

Photo taken during hike

Photo taken during hike

See the bird???

Oops a flower... only one I did see..

My camp space is close to others because I wanted to stay warm and have electric.


I am hoping to hike all the trails here in the park then take a couple of day trips. I want to see Silver City NM, the Gila ruins, and the Catwalk National Trail. So I hope to stay busy for the next few weeks.. Only thing I do not like is the wind and that it will get so cold at night.. 

No comments: