CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Friday, March 30, 2012

CARE Center volunteer duties

Okay as of this moment in time I have been assigned to the maintenance department. I kind of like it because it has me working outside and for the most part alone. Day starts at 6:30 am when I get up, dress, take Spencer out for his morning walk. Next is breakfast from 7:30 to 8am when I get to sit and talk to other volunteers and some members of the CARE center.  Then it is off to work, my assignments include putting out the mail and picking it up, mowing the grass, trimming grass, washing service cars when needed, filling backpacks for school kids once a month. WE break from noon to 1pm for lunch, then finish the day until 3pm what ever we had going.

 So for a six hour day five days a week I get free hook up, but have to pay for electric. Do not recall the having to pay for electric when I was checking it out. So at the normal nightly rate of $18 a night times 7 that is $126 a week plus meals I am getting. Meals are worth what about $50 a day? so that is another $350 plus the $126 = $476 total a week. Work 6.5 hours 5 days a week = 32.5 hours..  Looking at it that way I make $14.65 an hour for what I do..  So now it will depend on how much I get charged for the electric to find the bottom line for this coming two months..

Found out most people only stay one month not two so will keep that in mind if I come back next year.

SO far the people are nice and the job is no big deal ....  Time will tell..

2 comments:

Julia said...

Glad things have worked out so far for you. Sounds like you like working outside and on your own I hope that part of the job continues also.

Unknown said...

Things are looking good so far, after the first week I have found that when it is not raining the days go by fast.. Only problem is not enough volunteers so we can not really stay on top of it all...