CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Monday, March 12, 2012

Day of cooking and cleaning



Yesterday was shopping day, had to resupply food and other items used. Drove into Silver City NM, about 31 miles as the road goes. Stopped at a small Cafe for breakfast of coffee, eggs, hash browns, and coffee. The ham went to my cat and dog..... Eat eggs about twice a month, same with coffee, only happens when I stop to eat.  It is nice to sit down at a real table to eat then not have to clean it up when done.

Next stop was a fast tour of "Historic Downtown Silver City NM " it was fast because I did not see anything that was of interest at least not to me. So it was off to shop, stopped at Wal Mart, WallGreens, and Albertsons...  Reason for three was I wanted something I had been reading about online but had not yet found in a store. Seems the makers of Primatene Mist ( no longer available thanks to feds ) have made a tablet using something close to what was in the mist. Wal Mart did not have it and the druggist had not even heard of it. Albertson carried it but the drug counter was closed on Sunday, but at least now I knew I was on the right trail. Next stop Walgreens and were it was, only $10.00 and I had what I hopped would allow me to lay flat and sleep for more the four hours a night. Now it does not work as fast as the mist, and to be honest I do not think it last as long either. However two hours after take the first doss I could breath deep for the first time in weeks and the wheezing, coughing, and just plain discomfort was gone..  I even slept last night for over eight hours, if not for needing to use the restroom I might still be in bed..  LOL...

Today will be spent cooking several dishes then freezing them for later, I only truly cook about twice a month. Today I will make chicken chili, Red Beans and rice, Veggie chili, and two apple pies...  If time permits I will start a three been stew that takes two to three days...  Tomorrow will be spent cleaning up the motorhome, weather is forecast to be in the 70's for next few day so that will give me time to get everything cleaned and ready for the next ride down the road on the 22ed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the pills worked and you got to sleep better. Been to Silver City and I liked the Vegetarian Deli there it is hard to find, but they have great veggie food.

Kay