CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Learned something new

Early this morning before I had my tantrum 


Well I now know that if exposed to a large amount of smoke I will get a bronchitis attack. How you ask did I learn this? CARE has a large amount of junk wood that we have been burning a little at a time, no problem. However one of the new volunteers that came in said he could burn it all in one control burn. Even after being told not to do it all at one time he did!!!!!!! Caused so much smoke that it came into the camp grounds for both CARE and RV Park. I spent the night awake coughing and hacking sitting in a chair. This morning when I went in I told my boos if the air was not clear by Sat am I was pulling out and never returning.. Amazing how things work... when all I did was complain about having problems breathing people just passed it off. As soon as I said I was leaving the fire was put out and the air cleared in less then one hour. Now the fire bug is pissed because he wanted to keep it burning for the next five to six days..  Part of me wishes he would so I could pack up early and leave.... Taken the afternoon off and going to try and cool down, I am not a happy person at the moment....

2 comments:

Julia said...

I am amazed that some of the inmates, er, residents didn't complain lots of them have breathing problems like you too. What a bunch of dumb asses that could have sent people to the hospital including you!

I hope your feeling better and getting some rest too.

Unknown said...

I agree people without healyh problems just do not think..