CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Monday, May 21, 2012

Kitchen Duty

Bonny the day cook Monday-Friday took today off so I was talked into stepping into the kitchen to cook lunch. Menu was Salisbury Steak ( I can not eat ) mashed potatoes ( I can not eat ) corn, green beans, and gravy. Started at 6:30 am by finding everything needed and defrosting the meat needed. Between checking one thing or the other and keeping coffee in the pots it was like I was back in High School working with my Mother at Holy Cross Collage in Worcester Ma. Could hear her telling me I was not doing one thing or the other the right way ( her way )...  I had several helpers one made dessert, one did the potatoes and gravy, I took care of the salisbury steak and veggies.
George the gravy and potato king

Clavin the all around helper, cleaned up my mess, helped me find things I needed

Me just minutes before we started to serve.
Everything turned out for the best, no complaints ( at least not to my mug ) several complements.


Me I am just happy I do not cook for a living, could not stand having my Mother in my head all the time...  Time to relax and watch the evening crew cook... LOL...

1 comment:

Julia said...

Ya, those voices in one's head can drive you crazy sometimes!
Still we get by somehow :)