CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Monday, July 11, 2011

Yellowstone Park Third time around..

Today makes three times I have been through Yellowstone Park. I have to say each time was better then the last. First time I did not really enjoy it very much, too many people and did not see but one Bison. Second time was much better not as many people and got to see some nice sights along with a few Bison.

This time I hit the park at 06:30 AM and had it all to myself until around 10AM when other people started showing up. Large numbers of folk did not arrive until after 11AM, then it was time for me to get away.

Took me just over eight hours to drive 180 miles today, so you know I did a lot of stopping. The following photos are a handful of what I took.

Gibbons Falls

Parking lot for Gibbons Falls. I had the first three place I stopped all to myself. 

Can just see the trail through the stream from hot springs.

I only did a small fraction of the trail



Run Off..  River is still in flood 

Runoff

Looks more like a forest fire the a hot spring.. 

Herds of Bison in the North part of the park.



No comments: