CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Long drive through Wy.

Only planed on doing 200 to 250 miles today, problem was that when I reached 180 miles I could not find a place to pull over for the night. Passed several old RV parks that had closed and a State Park that had the road to the campground closed. Just had to keep going and going until I found a place in Craig Co. no discounts but after 410 miles I just wanted to stop.  Good news I have cable so can watch television, big deal.

  I took photos during the morning, but by afternoon I did not want to stop to take photos.  As things worked out I started at 06:15 this morning, stopped at 15:30 this evening. Might try to make New Mexico tomorrow depending on how I feel, still 360 miles to go before I get to Navajo Lake...

Parked at the river, once again I had the place to myself. 

Wish I could recall the name of the river, it is on a reservation.  

Not exactly a modern tunnel system.. 


Right side tunnel is for the trains, yes it is still in use.

Had to stop for this one, a Dad and his two sons doing it the old fashion way..

If you can read the sign in back it says, See America Slowly. 

No comments: