CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Spencer's Ride did good

What a day!!!!!  Started at 0600 thinking I could do 360 miles in about 8 hours without any problems. Guess what??? I was wrong, it took me over 10 hours. First I had to deal with just about every road being repaired or improved... Then I hit a mountain pass that you could not get over 25MPH ( speed limit ) due to the curves and steepness.  The pass was so bad that my MPG dropped from an AVG of 9.87 to 7.20 for the day.  Also did not help that my GPS went crazy on me three times and had me going the wrong why, had to make corrections on my own and find my why back on route. Then to top things off they are no signs for Navajo Lake until you arrive, makes for a fun drive when you are not sure if you are on the right road or not.
Backup number one, single lane road due to resurfacing  half of it at a time. Had to wait 30 min, before our side could go.

Slowdown due to shoulder work, speed set to 25mpg.

Delay #2 this time road was torn up and only a single lane of dirt was open. Waited 45 min this time.. Made myself a cup of coffee.. LOL...

Oncoming traffic waiting for us to clear..

The dirt road we had too use..


Did stop a few times to get photos and had to walk Spencer...

Taken just below the summit. Red Mountain..






Once I made it to the lake I drove in looking for a visitor center or at least a camp host. Could not find a center, did find the sites for two host, but nobody was around at either site. So drove around got lost, found a map on a board, drove around some more and found a camp site. So far have not seen anyone else, just lots of campers and boats..

Set up camp and just going to chill for the night.. My hanging garden did not travel very well, hope it recovers...

Solar is set up, now to see if it works.


Plants look sad... did not travel well.

Flowers do not look like they will make it..

No comments: