CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Friday, July 29, 2011

Sleepless Night


Unable to sleep, tried reading, tried Television, now thinking. Staying at State Park in New Mexico. BlueWater Lake is a nice enough place but it is nothing like being able to get into the back country. I find I miss when I was backpacking and able to walk into places that seldom saw other people, and was never crowded with other campers. I know I am not young enough anymore to be able to carry the weight of a full weeks worth of supplies to be able to go to the places I dream about, but maybe I can find a way to get into some areas that fewer people go to.  Miss camping under the stars, with only Mother nature for company.

On the bright side, my buddy Spencer makes a good little hiker. Took a two hour hike yesterday and he did the hike without any problems.



On a different note, I have heard from Amazon.com and my state date is for Oct. 30th. So I will be spending Nov. and Dec of this year in KY. Looking forward to seeing some friends I knew when living in Ky. Just hope the winter in Ky is very mild this year.

No comments: