CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Return to El Morro


El Morro National Park
July 22, 2011
Left the RV park in Grants early so I had time to stop at Walmart to pick up a few needed items .  Had a surprise, the Walmart in Grants does not stay open 24 hours, it is open from 7am to midnight only.  So had to wait to do my shopping and get some cash. 
Then it was off to El Morro Park to do the second trail. It was good excises and interesting in its own way. Hike only took a little over an hour, then I found a dispersed camp at El Morro for $5 a night. Will spend two nights then head over to see the wolfs on Sunday. 
















Holy shit!!!!!! I do not believe my luck... I am at a park that has no hookups and the only camp near me is for handicapped ... so what pulls in??? Three vans loaded with kids!!!!  Had to shut myself inside close all door and turn on the generator before I could not hear them yelling .....  1.- none are handicapped, 2.- not supposed to have more then two cars or 6 people per site, 3.- bet your life I paid as much for myself as there did for all 20 ....  So much for a peaceful night..... 
July 23,2011
Good morning to all, 0630 at least two of the van horn alarms went off. How long? long enough to wake me, and I was dressed before there shut off. Just to top off the morning I could hear laughing from them about it. Took Spencer for a walk and told the “adults” what I thought of them... The group started packing and taken down tents Holy shit!!!!!! I do not believe at 0700, maybe today will be nice..
Turned out to be a great day, even if all I did was read, and play with spencer. Very peaceful and relaxing day. Tomorrow I go see the wolfs..  Oh did I mention I have no internet or phone service in this area? not a clue when I will get any of this on my blog.. 
July 24, 2011
Pulled out of El Morro early hoping to find a place to eat breakfast. Everything along the way was closed on Sunday until I reached the Wild Sprit wolf park. Then found a place that will open at 0900 and I can eat. This place was not easy to find even with directions. No signs showing the way to the place until you are almost there. Last 4 miles are on a gravel road from hell, felt like the rig was going to be shaking apart. If I could have turned around within the first 3 miles I would have. But here now so hope the trouble of getting here will be worth it.. 


I am not going to try and go into what the Wolf sanctuary is all about, would take me to much time and I would be sure to get some of it wrong. So I will just give you the URL for the site that was build to explain...  http://www.wildspiritwolfsanctuary.org/index.php

All I will do is post the photos I took today, and say it is worth the price. Hoping to come back and schedule a photo shoot without the fence in the way. If all goes well I think I may return in Feb. of 2012... We will see...

















That's it for today, heck of a storm is brewing and internet is slow...  

No comments: