CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Monday, February 21, 2011

Off Off Off The Boat.




Today was crew change day, I done got off the boat.... First was a bus ride of 20 minutes from the dock to the portland "Airport". On arrival everyone had to get all bags weighed to be sure the plane could take them all on board. ( if too heavy bags would go by truck ) Lady luck was with us and it was deaned safe for baggage to go on the plane with us.
We then boarded the dual prop engine plane that had been chartered to get us to Melbourne, this is when I found out the battery in my camera was dead so no photos from here on out for today. The flight itself was smooth and uneventful, took about one hour from take off to landing.

Once in Melbourne I said goodbye to the other crew members and went about finding my way to the hotel I will be staying at until the 24th. The rest of the crew went different ways as well, some to overnight at a hotel close to the airport ( flying out tomorrow) some to the airport to fly out today.

I could not believe how easy it was to find The Victoria Hotel.. First a bus ride from the airport to downtown, the a shuttle bus directly to the hotel. So easy and only cost $20 USD.. Was check into my room less then three hours from leaving the boat, I am impressed with how smoothly everything went.. Also very happy not to have run into any problems.

Once I check into my room and dropped off my bags I went out exploring, I found the visitor center and got information on the locations of St. Pauls, Queen Victoria Market, and the Royal Botanic Gardens. Plan is to check them out tomorrow after my battery has been recharged, ( both mine and the camera.

Then spent rest of afternoon just walking around and looking and downtown. Could not believe the number of restaurants I saw, it will not be a matter of finding a place to eat, but of choosing the one to eat at..

Now back at hotel and relaxing and planing for tomorrow..

No comments: