CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Monday, February 21, 2011

Melbourne Australia Visit

Today I started the day early, left the hotel at 06:30 AM .. Stopped at picked up Breakfast and ate it along the side of the Yarra River. It was lovely to sit down in the fresh air watching all the people walking past, some on bikes, some walking, and others jogging. I enjoyed taking my time eating and sipping my coffee. No rush to go anyplace, no time table..





Once I was done eating it was a stroll along the Yarra River, Thought about taking a river tour but did not want to pay the price that was being asked for the ticket... So walked and looked at the young folk rowing along up and down the river.





Next was a visit to the Royal Botanic Gardens..
This is a truly great place to walk around and see the different plants, birds, and others. Took so many photos I could not pick out what ones to use on the blog so posted all to my
facebook. Half way through the walk I took a coffee break at the visitor center and just listened to the sounds. So much better then the sounds I hear when on the boat, could not stop smiling.











Spent the rest of my time walking up one street and down the next just enjoying all the life of this city. It is full of people yet unlike other large cities I have been in the people are not rude or pushy, just the opposite everyone is polite and friendly at least so far......

2 comments:

Julia said...

Sounds like your enjoying yourself and the the city is a nice place to visit....

Unknown said...

Yes to both, just wishing I had more time.. Not going to even come close to seeing what I would like..