CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Friday, March 4, 2011

Now I wait and see

Well folks, I have found a place in Odessa that will look at the RV, but not until after the weekend. I parked it ( towed ) outside the garage that will service it and can not do anything else at this time.

Have rented a car and found a hotel room for the time it will take until I can drive the RV back to Dallas.. Think this is the end of this trip..

Nothing to do in Odessa except sleep, read, watch tele, and check up on the RV from time to time..

Been checking out jobs for the heck of it, and looking around at what is here.. Jobs are all in oilfield ( on rigs ) or driving for them. Also looking around for something to do "anything " to kill time here.. This is the wrong place to break down let me tell you..

Will use this same post for the time I am here will just add to it....


Friday March 3ed 2011....

Up early, not a clue why.... Surfed the internet, play a game, did some reading.. Then drove to the garage where the RV is to pick up paper work to do my taxes ( oh joy!!!! ).

When I arrived I had a surprise, the hood was up and a tester was hooked up. I went into the office and found the owner Ray on the phone tracking down a new fuel pump. When tested cold it looked okay, but when tested warm ( running ) it failed big time. So I guess I will be getting a new pump put in. Question is when, this being friday I do not expect anything else to get down until Monday or Tuesday.. Have to stay until Monday at least anyway because of the rental car can not be returned on a weekend.

Have got to take my camera to the garage next time, I am making friends with a small dog and it keeps reminding me I miss my little guy..

Found my way to a Wells Fargo Bank to replace my cash, one never knows when it is cash only when on the road.. Picked up some info on "anything" to do around here to kill time this weekend. Back to the hotel and spent time doing taxes. Will have to wait until I get to a printer before I finish. Need to print it all out for my records before the final product is sent out..

Now to look at the info on what to do this week end..


Sunday Night March 6th...

Been a long boring weekend, hoping when I check in at the Garage on Monday I will get good news. Did not do much of anything yesterday or today, could not even find the Starbucks that according to the internet is in Odessa. I drove around in the area of the address that was on the internet for at least 30 min.. If a Starbucks is in the area it was hiding from me.. So had to get coffee from Seven Eleven again. :(

Spent most of the weekend reading playing on the computer and watching television. Sure hope I can get out of here soon....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember you owning a Toyota pickup truck back in the day in Phoenix. That truck was super reliable. Too bad the RV is not like that.

Unknown said...

Hoping once all the kinks are out it will become reliable. Have to take in to account I do not know how the RV was treated before.