CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Again with the flat









This is only the second trip I make with the RV and I am sitting on the side on the road waiting for a repair truck to come along... Once again I had a tire blowout as I was driving down the road, looked good to me 50 miles back when I stopped for fuel and did a walk around. Does not look so good now and it did some damage to the underside of the RV when it happened. Will have some repairs to make when time allows and I find someone that knows how to do it..



After 45 min the repair truck showed up.. :) (14:15)

He could not fix the problem, seems I have a flat and a blown tire, need two new tires not just put on the spare.. :(...

Good news he gave me the number of a tire shop and when I called and told them the problem, he will be out in 25 min or so with the tires.. ;)

Now waiting again for rescue... (14:30 )


The man with the tires has arrived :) ( 14:50 )
At first he did not think we had to replace both tires, but something told me to have him do it anyway. Would feel safer with two new tires and not take a gamble. The outer tire was a no brainer it was a total loss, at first the inner looked good. but once it was removed from the rim it showed its true colors. It was falling apart from the inside. Also when mounting the new tire on found that the stem was cracked and may have been the reason for all the problems. Tire was not holding air and once it went the second tire went because it could not hold the weight.

Once the new tires were on and I paid in cash ( all that I had ,....almost ) I was back on the road. ( 15:30 )

Was hoping to make it to exit 136 for the night, but around 17:00 I started to fade fast.. Found a flying J at exit 277 fueled up, and went to a small RV park close by for the night.

It is now 17:45 and I am parked and thinking about food. Been a full day today, will start again tomorrow..


No comments: