CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Headed down the road, were will I go...





Had to pack up and hit the road today :.. ( time was up and the park is booked for the rally. Going to make it a point to go to the fall rally, I really like the people I had the pleasure of meeting. Now this is what I had always hope an RV group would be like. I can see having fun at a park for the first time..

Anyway what is with the cold and I do mean cold mornings?? Had to wear my winter coat when disconnecting electric and water today. Thought my fingers were going to come off when I dumped my tanks, but at least it was above freezing because my tanks did empty this time. ;)

So down the road I go not knowing which way to go, should I go north on the 25?, or East on the 10??? After driver for a spell I pulled over and filled my fuel tank and what a surprise... I got 11.57 MPG... YAHOOOOOO!!!! Not bad for an old 1992 motorhome. Before the oil change and tune up in Tucson I had an avg. of 8.2MPG, after Tucson I get an avg. of 10.5MPG. SO in the long run maybe I will get some of the money I spent back.

Decided to stay in the South a bit longer so stayed on the I-10 East. Guess I will head for Lockhart Tx and drop in for BBQ at one of the places I saw on food wars. For tonight I pulled over at a P.A. place off EXit 212 for the night. For $10 I get a place to stay, water, sewer, and electric. Once hooked up it was on the the AC, it is hot outside now... LOL... Park is a good overnight spot but not a place I would want to stay, in fact if it was not so windy I would have kept going.

As the photo shows I had the place almost to myself.. Only two other rigs here as of 6pm..

2 comments:

Julia said...

Fall rally sounds great meet you there?

Unknown said...

I am planning on it...