CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Monday, June 4, 2012

Off to a less then stellar start


 Walked Spencer this morning and noticed he was not his normal self. After the walk I took my bike to the Ranch to see how long it would take each way. ( 35min to the ranch 40 min coming back ) Took the photos posted during the bike ride. 








  When I got back Spencer would cry if I tried to touch him or even stepped close.... Time to unhook and find the local vet.. Stopped at the ranch to find out what vet was close and if they use it. Given the name and address so off I go looking for this place. Drove past it twice before seeing it...

  Once I explained things to them, Spencer was taken in and I was requested to leave and come back in three hours or so.. It has now been 90 min and I have driven to Walmart 30 miles away and finished all the shopping I plan to do... Now killing time until I can return and find out what is going on...


Three hours after dropping Spencer at the vets I get the news....  He has a strand neck, how did this happen you may ask...  Well in a way it was my fault...  Last Friday night on our normal walk a car was speeding and I did not see it fast enough to call Spencer out of the way so I had to pull him off the road ( I went off the road too ) car was going about 40-45 mph on a back dirt road. So at least now I have some pills to help him and will be looking a lot closer at things even when I think things are safe.. Yes I fell guilty, but also glad that is all that is wrong, he had a full work up and got him up to date on his shots as long as he was there.. He is home and seems to be doing better, pills at 6...


Now another matter... EXPLAIN!!!!! why I had to set up my AC... It is like 90 degrees outside today. When I was checking the weather the last few weeks it NEVER went over 79...  Why now!!! It could have waited a few weeks or at least a few days....   LOL...



2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh wow! Poor Spencer Poor you worrying about Spencer! What a thing to happen ! I guess he'll mend soon enough at least I hope so.
I am an appointment with the vet for Shelby tomorrow her wound isn't any better and I think it is worse so into the vet she goes and I'll get her shots up to date also. Poor fur kids they really depend on us to protect them and take care of them and we worry so much about them.
Let's hope they both get better soon.

Sue said...

I'm glad you made it to your destination okay. Geez, right after losing your cat, and Spencer has trouble, hopefully he will be okay.
The countryside looks beautiful. Nice pictures.
Love, Suzanne