CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

First day working at Ucross Ranch

Day started at 0600 with waking up and getting dressed. Walked Spencer, had a light breakfast and headed in at 0800. That is I started riding my bike at 0800, it is a five mile ride and I was due to start work at 0900. Arrived at the Ranch at 08:35 checked in with my new boss, was given T-shits with Ranch logo to wear at work, shown how to clock in.

  For the first half of the day I followed one of the more experienced workers to see how things need to be done. Second half of the day I was cut loose and took care of my own rooms. When then beds are striped and made by the young girl that only does beds, the cleaning is fast and fairly easy. When you have to do the beds it takes a lot longer and just seems more difficult.

So the day ends with all of six hours or paid time behind me, go back at 8am tomorrow and do it again. Hmm will be interesting to see it I make it the full four months ( last day OCT. 1 ) Total hours from time I left the rig to the time I made it back, just under 8 hours..


2 comments:

Julia said...

Sounds like a real job. Do you have to make the beds too? Or will this "young girl" do that? With an hour on the bike every day your going to be in good shape :)

Unknown said...

The girl is "supposed " to strip and make beds, but we all end up doing some... Ride is the easy part of the day. I like the ride fell it helps me to relax after work. Hard part is going up and down the dang steps because rooms are on two floors.