CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Friday, January 6, 2012

Drive across Texas to Deming NM

Well folks I have made it to the Low Hi park in Deming NM.  Staying here until Jan 11, then it is on to Green Valley Az, and a visit to Family and friends in Phoenix and maybe even further north if I can make contact with them.
Once sight that I liked was this look alike. But notice no green anywhere.
After the first RV park on the East side of the State this one was a shock. Still no rain  to speak of and it has been almost a year now. 

You can see there once was green but now all dust and gravel.

Even desert plants are having a very hard time to survive, Texas needs rain..

Thoughts that went through my head as I drove across Texas. I can not count how many times I have driven or rode across Texas on I-10, but this was the first time ever that I can recall not seeing a single Deer, rabbit, or any-other animal. Everything was black or brown, not a speck of green in the western part of the state. The other thought that I kept having was, when will I get OUT OF TEXAS. ????????


CW likes to make her nest in the overhead as we drive down the road.

Stopped at a tourist trap gift shop, made a god place to walk Spencer.

Low Hi RV Park at last, rain needed here too.. 
So now that I am here what will I be doing? Guess you will have to come back and see..  Today I plan to help take down holiday decorations. It is a way to meet people...  

No comments: