CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Saturday, December 31, 2011

The year 2011 comes to an end

Last year at this time I was still working for Western Geco, traveling to and from the boat was a big pain in the ass. However that was not the main reason I decided it was time to leave, I did not like the boat I was assigned to and had the distinct feeling that I was "NOT" a welcome member of the crew. Always felt like everyone was avoiding me and never could find out why. I believe it was because I was American and most of the crew was not.  So I started a new chapter of my life as a working gypsy or otherwise know a workamper.

  So far this first year has been okay but not great, I found work for only three months out of the year, my goal is to work six to nine months of the year. I need the work because of my age 57 and the fact that it will be 5 to 8 years before I can collect on anything including my 401K.

 Other then work this has been a great first year, have traveled to a lot of places in the good old USA that I have always wanted to see. Have made new friends from all over the country some I see on facebook others I just miss. I am hoping this year to see some old friends as I head West and make some new ones.


  The expense of living this life is cheaper then a house or apartment but still not cheap. Example is what I have spent in the last year to get my rig in the best shape I can, it is an older motor home so take a bit more care to insure it is running right. Spent $900 on new tires, $4000 on Transmission, $1800 on turn-ups (2) oil change (2) Transmission checkup (1) and replacement of belts and hoses, $440 on brake repair. So what does that come to for the first year??? $7,140 ouch!!!!!!  But if living in an "AVG" apartment paying rent of $600 a month that alone would be $7,200 a year plus all the utilities. So I figure I broke even this first year, hoping the second year will be better.

Following Photos are my Favorites of the year 2011 enjoy and Happy New Year...

Tucson Az

Wills Point TX

Wills Point Tx

Yellowstone Park Wy

Yellowstone Park WY

Someplace in the West on a back road.
Breakfast with Kay in NM

On of the New Mexico State Parks
Two Pals Shelby and Spencer
Palo Duro Canyon Texas
Petit Jean Park AR
Friendship, Campbellsville KY

RV picnic Campbellsville Ky

KY

KY

RV Camp Campbellsville KY
At camp in Saraland Alabama

Last day of 2011 started off foggy, Saraland Alabama

No comments: