CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Monday, December 26, 2011

Busy day doing what I have to get done.

Today is a get it done day.... First on my list was taken the rig into a garage to get the breaks fixed, the rear ABS and emergency break lights came on when I was driving down here and never went off. The drivers manual said it was still safe to drive but have checked out as soon as possible. Took rig to a Trax Tires that I found online, the place can do it all. Today was the day for break repair, main cylinder on both rear breaks was leaking fluid causing the problem. The leak was so bad both break drums were soaked and had to be replaced. ( yes I looked at them when being removed ) If not replaced could have caused a lock up later when I used them. ( true, looked it up online )...  This little adventure  took all morning....

Look real close and you can see the old break drum... Soaked!!!!



Once all was well with the breaks ( going back Friday for turn-up and transmission check. ( transmission was replaced in June and I want to be sure all is okay )... I went to Wal Mart just down the street for food and a few other supplies. On the way back I stopped at Ruby Tuesday's for lunch. Friday I think I will try Wintzell's...



Made it back to camp with a pocket of quarters so doing my laundry... Only $1.00 a load so one wash one dry = $2.00... Not bad...


This could take some time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you got those breaks fixed huh?
Everything needs fixing sooner or later, I have my list for when I get back north. Sounds like you have found a good place there.