CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Friday, December 31, 2010

Return trip


First trip with the RV went well, did find things I need to fix and or change. However all in all I was happy with the way things worked. If this was a movie we would have dark music at this point. The day I returned to the farm/house was interesting and very informative. I left the RV park at first light around 7:20am, went to a Denny's about 4 miles down the road and had breakfast, went and fueled up and hit the road for a 50 mile return trip. About 30 miles down the road I heard a loud bang and the whole rig started to shack. I guess my old truck driver came out of me because I knew I had just blown a rear tire. Took the RV out of cruse control, and slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road to take a look. ( put on 4 ways but found out thems is not working ... OUCH!!!!! ) Lost all thread on outer duly driver side rear. Could have been worse, at least it did not lose any air.. After checking the rest of the rig, I decided to drive to the closest exit with something at the exit that I could pull into for safety. Ended up going another 4 miles before I found what I was looking for and pulled off the interstate.

Now all is going to be a matter of calling AAA and have someone sent out to change the tire for me so I can get down the road. HA!!!!!!!! I have had AAA off and on for years, this is the first time I have ever called road side for anything guess what happened. Once I told them it was an RV ( even a small one like mine ) I was told I was not covered. I tried to explain that I had a spear and all I needed was someone to change it for me. The people at AAA did not want to listen, would not even call someone for me and let me pay.. I had to find someone on my own to get the job down. All I can say is I was glad I had not had a true breakdown someplace that my computer could not get a signal, then I would truly have been FUC**d....

As things turned out I found someone in less then 30 min, and the bad tire changed out at a cheap cost of $25.. Then I went to Wills Point Tire and replaced my bad tire for a new tire that is now my new spear...

Motto of this trip is AAA sucks BIG time, I will never renew again, and anyone that is reading this that has AAA I strongly suggest you call them and find out what you have for coverage....

Anyway now back at Ranch RV home.....




No comments: