CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Friday, December 17, 2010

Back From Thailand


Well folks ( whoever reads this ) just back from Thailand and lots of work. This last trip was last min. and atotal messgetting to the boat. The boat was already 2/3 of the way to Australia when the job for Thailand came in. I had my tickets to fly and was called from the office just hours before the flight to standby and not fly until new arrangements, and flights could be done. With my normal luck that meant checking my phone and email every 3 to four hours for three days.
Once the boat was turned around and a port was picked out for crew change we were flown to Singapore and back to the boat. Then it was hanging out at Port Singapore for a few days
waiting for new Visas to go to Thailand. Had to make my own passport photos to send along to
the office to apply for the visa.. Looks more like a prison photo then a passport, but it was good enough to get my visa... LOL...

Once we got to the waters off Thailand it was all work 12 hours a day for three plus w
eeks
. Gear went out slow and had to be recovered many times to fix and correct errors and
problems. Even the gun ropes broke and had to be recovered and new ones made. Then just to top things off it was the rainy season so it was
either hot and humid or hot and raining... Best part of this job so far was when crew change came around and I was able to just relax with the crew for a few hours before heading home..





Wish I had more photos of Thailand to post but can not take photos from a Chopper , bus or airplane. But this is what I have, including the sunrise and crew photos taken form the boat.











Enjoy... I am now back in Dallas looking at purchasing my first RV....















No comments: