CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Friday, August 26, 2011

Petit Jean State Park Ar.

Spent several days exploring Petit Jean State Park in Ar.  Day one when I first arrived I stopped at the Cedar Falls overlook. Seeing that it was late summer not much in the way of water was flowing over the falls.

Day two Spencer and I took a long walk to the Pioneer Cabin, and did the Cedar Creek Trail. Still can not believe 9 ( nine ) kids were born/lived in the small cabin. The trail itself was not hard but was above easy. Big difference from doing a canyon hike in the desert. 











The third day did not go well, as far as hiking goes. Started out early planing on doing one of the longer trails, only to get caught in the rain. Had to turn around and go back to the rig, we both got soaked to the skin... LOL... Did find a lot of history lessons at this park..









Day four found us hiking to Bear cave, and around turtle rocks. Spencer was not real happy with walking along some of the cliffs, I think the sound of the wind in the trees and running water below made him nervous. 










Last day at the park I did a visit to the grave and overlook for Petit Jean.








Now ends my Petit Jean visit, I did learn a lot about some history... 


No comments: