CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Villanueva State Park New Mexico

WOW!!!!! What a ride....  Took Exit 230 off I-40 for Villanueva State Park, it is 20 miles of curves and hills. At one point along the way the guide rail was smashed in several places where cars or trucks hit, more then likely going to fast.

After finding the Park next step was finding a camp site. Seems like all the sites with electric and water are crowed together so we decided to boon-dock at a site on the hill top. It is nice and peaceful here and we have trees.


Took a hike and did the loop trail. Next time I hike I really should wear my boots and take some water. The trail was steep, and had lots of loose rocks. But oh baby the views and photos I got.










Back at camp took Spencer for his walk then set up the RV for a three or four day stay, like it here.




Having Spaghetti for dinner tonight, for the first time in weeks we have no wind so hoping to eat outside and enjoy the stars later in the night.



Day two was spent hiking a second trail and this time I wore my boots....  This hike was shorter but I really loved the views from the top. Wish I had taken my camera stand and long range lens, learning as I go...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Thank you for posting such beautiful pictures of my hometown.
They are really are beautiful. Makes me miss Villanueva alot.