CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rain, Rain and yet more rain




Been home since the fist of the month, it is now the 13th and I have only seen two days of sun. The rest of the time it has been raining, the ground is so wet now that we are getting our own ponds. Hoping we do not get any lakes in the yards.
So with all the rain I have had time to read and do puzzles. Have also been "working" on learning Spanish.... Okay, over the years I have tried to learn, French, German, and Spanish. So far I have been able to learn a small amount of English, and not very well I might add.
I have tried Rosetta stone, Spanish for dummies, fast learn Spanish, pocket book types, to name a few... None seem to help, have now sent away for a few more just to see what will help... I do not learn well from books so do not hold much hope, but will continue to try. Maybe if I go to Mexico I can get a person to teach me one on one???? That maybe my only hope... Will see what happens. Even through I am getting upset with myself, I am not ready to call it quits.
If I can learn a word or two a week then at least I will feel like I am making progress... Just wish the rain would stop and the sun would come out... I would feel better if I could take a walk in the sun once in a while.
Currently looking at a trip to the Yucatan ( Merida Mexico ) to see what it is like. To be honest I would love to move out of the USA. The land of the free is fast becoming the land of Big Brother. Seems like just about everything we do or say ( including this ) is taped, or recorded and can be used against us... Question is can I learn enough Spanish to be comfortable in Mexico??? If not then what????


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missing the Az sun?

Unknown said...

The sun yes, AZ???? No not really.