CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Monday, October 26, 2009

Back to the boat I go










Wednesday the 28th it is off to the Airport, then on the 29th I am back on the boat until at least the 23rd of Nov. When I get off Kay and I are planning a trip to Mexico.








Still waiting for confirmation on a place to stay in Mareda, hoping to get a cheap hotel or room to stay as we look around. It will take a few days to figure out were we want to stay and if we want to sign a long term rental for six months to a year or not.








My main object when on the boat is to find time to study Spanish, so that I am not at a total loss when in Mexico. So far I have tried Rosetta stone, Spanish for Dummies, Rush Hour Spanish, Mexican Spanish, Spanish in a week, Quick and simple Spanish,Spanish in 10 minutes a day and Synergy Spanish.




To date I can say hi, tell you my name, count from 1 to 12, Days of the week, Most of the Months of the year, ask for the time of day, ( still having problems giving time )... Everything else is hit and miss, just a lot of odd words bouncing around in my head. So the question is have I made progress???? Yes, I have made progress, but the question is will I make enough before I go? This is a question yet to be answered. Time will tell.... If we do go I will look for a local willing to teach me to speak and read.




Hoping to get good news soon ( maybe before I go to the boat ) about a place to stay. We sent off several emails asking about places, but no respones as of yet. Will ad to this page if things change before I leave. So ,,, Hasta Luego!






Hola!!!! We have an update...




May have found a house to rent in Mareda, It accepts pets and looks really nice from the photos. We have sent email asking a few more questions about the place, but I think it may be the one at least to start. See pictures below.. VILLA EN COLONIA MÉXICO Not the best pictures but the best I could do...
As of 10/27/09 it is not a done deal..












1st floor:
Guest bathroom, cellar, furnished living room, furnished dining room, kitchen with fridge & stove, service room, .
2nd floor.- Bathroom, 3 bedrooms with closets, a/c’s, mosquito screens.
Pets & children allowed.Totally private, in a closed street.
Close to main shopping centers and Prolongación Montejo.
Mínimum stay: 6 months
Payments: $460 usd monthly.
1 month payment in advance
1 month payment as a deposit
1 month payment for lawyer/contract fee.

TOTAL: $1,380 USD TO MOVE IN.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi, congratulation for your trip. I do hope you like Merida, I am planning to move there in the next 6 months. I have been checking it out and I think it fits me. If you check out Yucatan Living and Yolisto, you will find plenty of expats there with dogs. They even get together to socialize. Enjoy. Laura, Miami Beach, Fl.