CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dolores Hidalgeo (spelling does not count)







Today we took a tour of a smaller city about 40K from SMA. First as always we visited the church, it is famous for were the revaluation of 1810 started. Then the guide took us around to the city hall were the copy of the bell from the revaluation is on display ( real one is in Mexico City ). Then went to an excellent Museum that had details about how things were in Mexico from the Spanish first landed to 1810. I learned a lot more then I thought I would, the Mexico history is a lot more then I realized.
Next
we went to lunch, if I was to stay in DH I think it would become on of my favorites. For desert we had Ice Cream from a street vendor, I had beer flavor and it was good!!! If real beer was as good I would be in trouble. Ended the day with a trip to Atotonilco to visit the small church that is painted inside and is called the Mexican 16th chapel. This church is being restored and when completed will be marveles even now it is worth the side trip. So eneded a very nice day in Mexico... For the first time I think I could live in this part of the country as long as it is not in Central SMA.

No comments: