CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Spencer's Ride is sick......

Made it to Rapid City South Dakota only to find my RV is leaking Transmission fluid. We are hear to change our state of residency so left my RV at the Flying J and went to the place that is helping us.  When I told them about my RV the owner called around and found a place that would take a look at it. It is now in the garage parking lot waiting its turn to be looked at and fixed.

 Did as much of the paperwork as possible to change over the registration, but have to wait until I can get the RV out of the shop and weighed before the plates can be done. So went down and change my drivers lic. to SD and now in wait mode for the RV to be fixed.

Friday morning woke up with a tooth ache and decided to see if I could get into a dentist, as luck would have it the third one I called had an opening at 3:45pm. Not having my RV I then called around for a car rental, this was also solved on the third call, three must have been my lucky number that day. Buy 2pm I was in so much pain I drove to the dentist early.  Getting in early only helped to get the paperwork done early, still had to wait until 3:45 to see the dentist. Once in everything went fast, got Xrays,  Mouth was shot up with a local... ( oh the relief ) and the bad tooth was extracted without any pain. The pain however came back that night after the shots wore off. I did not get to sleep until some time after midnight.

Saturday I felt good enough to eat a bit of food and go to see the Museum of Geology.  It is a very interesting place to visit if you are at all interested in rocks or fossils. Problem with it is that it is very hard to find, it is in a building on the campus of the School of mining and geology.













Today Sunday the 19th I feel almost normal, ( whatever that is ) so on a whim took off to see "Custer State Park " This was decided on as we were doing our laundry in town.  The drive at first was not great due to it raining, but once it stopped things just came together. The drive had more beauty then I can describe, I did get a few good shots but some of the best was when I could not stop or pull over, but this will give you an idea.







Once we reached Custer State Park it was amazing... We had not gone half a mile inside the park before we spotted the first of many Buffalo. At one point we had to stop to allow one to cross the street right in fount of us.  I have no clue how many we spotted in all but it far exceeded anything I was thinking. We also spotted other animals along the road as you can see from the photos.











After Custer State Park we drove over to the Wind Cave National Park and took a tour of the cave. This is said to be the 5th longest cave known in the world. For  more ( and better ) information about it go online and look it up. Only got a few photos before my battery went dead so that is how the day comes to an end. 
This small whole is the first entrance to the cave. It was the only way in until a mine tunnel was made .




So dark that this is the best picture I could get of Kay.



No comments: