CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Three weeks

Not sure what this post is going to turn into, just feel like doing a self check on how I currently feel about being in the Yucatan ( Mexico ).
First the pros..
  • The weather is okay, not great ( rain, and clouds )
  • Walking the dogs on the beach ( sometimes )
  • People are friendly
  • Super Wal Mart is in area (21/12/09)
  • Started to understand how streets work in Merida (21/12/09)
  • Lots information to be found on area sites and blogs (21/12/09)
  • Great Vet. for the dogs, "IF" we do leave will miss her. (24/12/09)
  • Mega Food Store just off Cup. my type of store, has background music, NO loud intercom like Wall World, Plenty of room to move around in, always cash reg open, no headache when I leave. (24/12/09)

Next the cons.
  • Very few photo oops.... unless I make them
  • Tourist places like Chicken Itsa to crowded and not allowed close to anything
  • Unable to take dogs places overnight due to lack of hotels that allow them
  • I can not go places overnight because I will not leave the dogs
  • Food sucks...... Have had a maximum of five good meals in over three weeks
  • Can not find any of the foods I like in any of the markets
  • Do not understand enough Spanish to communicate, ( my fault )
  • No place to go for a walk alone were I live, because of my lack of Spanish
  • Super Wal Mart is in area (21/12/09)
  • Misinformation to be found on area sites and blogs (21/12/09)
This will be ongoing for next few days.... so that I allow time to change mood, first edit done after a truly shitty day...

Drive to Del Carmen, not allowed to stay at a hotel that was booked, drove back to Merida, Electric out, door to my room closed and locked, key to room did not work, kicked in f^%$#@ door, internet not working once power back. Found problem with internet next day, BAD ^%^%^%&^ modem from cable company, replaced with my modem, internet now back up..... Notice none of this items are on the pro or con list....


No comments: