CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thoughts along the way

Just for the heck of it, and I am bored, I decided to write down some thoughts along the way back to the boat. Sunday was the first time I used the Merida airport and I did not know what to expect. As things turned out it went very smooth, seems like everyone I came across knew better English then I do Spanish. Each time I started to ask a question or answer one, we ended up speaking English. Even knowing it was the best/fastest way to go, it would have been nice to try to see how far I could have gotten with my bad, really bad, no make that really,really, really bad Spanish. I did my normal thing when going through security, took off shoes, pulled out plastic bag with toothpaste, and other small containers of liquid, took off sweater, took notebook out of bag, ETC...... Once on other side I watched others go through not doing any of this... Some even smiled at me as I was putting myself back together.. I soon found out why, when you get to the gate area you have all bags inspected and you are wand down, before allowed to enter the waiting area at the gate.

The flight itself was smooth and boring just the way I like them. Once in Houston I rented a car and was off to find my hotel. Talk about drivers shock, after being in Mexico traffic I felt like I was on the moon. People stop for red lights and do not take off five seconds before it turns green. A turn signal means that car is more then likely going to turn. Not one car stopped in the middle of the street using four ways to let out of pick up a passenger, busses did not cut me off not even once. Strangest part.... I missed the Mexican traffic... LOL....

After finding the hotel and checking out the room I went and found a place to eat, Not sushi but it was good. Sitting in the room that night I found I missed my room in Merida, why I asked. It has no heat, I have problems sleeping because of street noise, and I would like a bed instead of the hammock. Well the reason is simple, it is not the place you are at , but the people you are with that matter. Next time back I have to remember this.....

Monday was a simple day of shopping to get items I will need on the boat that I could not find in Mexico. I was also able to find my Sushi restaurant and had some very good Sushi, and California rolls, along with some new rolls called dirty dogs. It was all great, but the lack of company was not... Good food is always better when you share it with someone. Rest of the day was spent watching television, and eating take out Sushi.

Tuesday I drove to one of out old stomping ground places from when we leaved in the area. I wanted to check on some of the people that we used to see whenever we went they and see how everyone was doing. Could have saved myself the drive, not one person I knew was around, hung around for a little then decided it was time to go. It had started to rain and I needed to turn in the car before going to the airport to catch my flight.

Turned in the car, no problem. Now waiting for the flight to start boarding... Yes all security crap that I did in Mexico still has to be done in the states...

Turns out we changed gates three times before boarding the plan at 5:50pm, scheduled departure was 5:55pm, took off at 6:45pm landed in New Orleans at 7:40pm.

Made it to the crew hotel for 8pm, found out I will be on the 05:30 am wake up list for departure in the morning to the boat.. Best eat and get some sleep tomorrow is going to be a long day..

Wake-up call at o530, out of room and on the way to the boat. Count down to my return to Mexico begins... LOL...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Merida is in your heart. I know, understand perfectly. Thats why I miss it so much.

Unknown said...

Could be... I know I miss it, sort of strange because it drives me nuts when I am they..