CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Getting ready to return to the boat

Time has come, it is now time to start getting things lined up to go back to work. Will be leaving Merida on the 27th of Dec. flying into Houston. Will stay in Houston until the 29th when I go to New Orleans to meet up with the rest of my crew, then on the 30th we all go back onto the Geco Snapper for five weeks.

Still have to sort out what I will take with me and pack, can only carry 15lbs of gear due to helicopter weight limits. We take one from the port to the boat, boat does not come to port for crew change unless planed or a problem.

Have to go to Houston first so I have time to get things I need for the boat that I have not been able to find down here. Like allergy pills so I can breath during the day and sleep at night. Will also take the time to go to a "good" Sushi restaurant that I know. Can not believe all Sushi down here has cream cheese in it, I just happen to be allergic to all milk products so it drives me nuts.

When I get off in Feb, we are thinking of driving up to San Miguel de A. and checking it out again, it seems better to me after Merida then it did before. Good food is a big factor to me, and it is not to be had here unless you know someone from here that will cook for you. That is not likely to happen so time to move on and see what can be found.

So I will be here for Christmas but not for the first... So Happy Holidays to all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that about Merida. Check out Yucatan Living. They have lists and polls on everything. San Miguel is too touristy like South San Antonio or something. Dont go away pissed.

Unknown said...

Not pissed more like sad that things did not work out ... YET!!!!!! It is not over until it is over..