CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Taking a large dog on vacation

Have you ever tried to travel with a large dog? If so then you know just how difficult it can be to find a place that will let you have one that is more then 50Lbs..  

Anyone that may have read my blog before knows I work on a boat for four to six weeks at a time  and live in a small room ( about the size of a large closet ) , so when I get off I like to go some place to unwind and relax. That is when having Shelby our 90LBS Lab becomes a problem. I have been looking off and on for a place I could go that is far enough away from the SKP park to feel like I am free. 

I think I may just have found such a place It is a B&B that is set up for having your pets along and is run by people that used to try to take they large dogs on vacations with them. 

I arrived yesterday at noon and so far have found taken the dogs out is really nice, no cars or trucks to worry about, dogs can sniff and play without me having to worry about what someone is going to say. 

The cabin ( not just a room ) is wonderful. I even have a small kitchen and made myself some real soup. Days are predicted to be on the cool side so the soup will be really good.  


Guess that will be all for today, will try to post a little something each day. Until tomorrow.


No comments: