CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Decker Creek B&B&B

Another great day at the Bed&Breakfast& Biscuit. As normal my day stared with an early morning walk just before the sun came up, then it was off to breakfast. 

The dogs love to visit with the owners, I think Shelby looks forward to being petted by Byron and getting treats from Pat.

 
After breakfast it is outside for social hour for the dogs. This is good for Shelby and Spencer who get very little interaction with other dogs. Shelby does very well for the most of the time, Spencer on the other hand stays close to me, even the six month puppy is three times his size. He is so cute trying to hide next to me most of the time.


Once social hour was done I took the dogs out on a ride. Plan was to go to PetsMart then an outside Cafe. Afternoon temps did get into the mid 60's but we did not find the Pets Mart and ended up at the McKinney Falls State Park. 

The dogs and I ended up hiking around Williamson Creek and doing the Homestead Trail. At the time I did not know it was a loop trail and when it started getting late I was just about ready to turn around when I noticed the old McKinney Homestead ahead, that was our starting point. 

The dogs loved the stops at the water to drink and rest, by now Shelby is more then ready to lay down and take a nap. 

However we still had just over a mile to go to get back to the Truck. Once back at the BBB both dogs were ready to call it a day, We had dinner watch some television, read a bit and off to bed. 

Time is flying for me and I am haveing a good time and relaxing.

No comments: