CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Friday, November 14, 2008

Then and now











Another overcast day and not in the mood to go on another road trip until the sun comes back. So I thought I would do something on two of my best friends, Shelby and Spencer. Shelby is an older Lab, not sure of her age because we got her from a rescue group. When we got her she weighed at least 130 pounds and would not play or come to you to be petted. 
 she tops the scales at 90 pounds, will play when she is in the mood and can not get petted enough. She has now been with us for four years and our best guess is she is between 10 and 12 years of age.  She is one of the most loving dogs I have every known. The one thing she does that we have not been able to break her of getting into the trash when left home. So we try to make sure we toss out the trash before we go out without her. 


 for the little guy, Spencer the black shiz.... He came to us as the result of winning a lottery sort of. I had brought a ticket but did not win, however a friend of mine did win but because of work and family could not take him so asked if I could. Well you can guess my answer, fell in love with the little fur ball the second I first set eyes on him. Six weeks old and not yet eating on his own, he was taken away from his Mom too early. The first few weeks I was hand feeding him and when he did start to eat on his own he had to get in the bowl to do it.  



 is is still as loving as he was the first day, but is now a tad large for a shiz, tops the scale at 16 to 17 pounds, I was told he should have been between 12 and 14 pounds. He will be 4 years old Feb. 7, 2009 and as I said has been with us since he was six weeks old. He took to Shelby from the first and Shelby took him in as if he was her pup. I believe Spencer became house broken and as well behaved as he is because of Shelby. Shelby was house broken from day one and very easy going so when Spencer came along he learned from her how to behave. 

I could not asked for better buddies  on walks or just hanging out watching television or when on the computer. Hope you get a kick out of the before and after photos.

No comments: