CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yellowstone National Park










Drove to Yellowstone Park took over two hours each way, we had been told it was a ninety min. drive each way. Then to get into the park it cost $25 per car, unless you have a old person pass. Well this time we got lucky, we have an old person pass. Now it is on to the park and oh boy I was ready to have my dream of seeing yellowstone park.








I grew up hearing stories and reading books about old faithful, eagles, Buffalo, Bear, and all the other wildlife that can be seen when you visit the park. When I spoke with the Ranger at the welcome center he told me we had arrived at a great time because the Buffalo were mating so the heard was close to were we would be and should not be a problem seeing them. Bear had been seen daily for about a week, also elk and eagles have been seen recently.








So now we drive to the west entrance of the great and wonderful Yellowstone National Park. I will not bore anyone with the details of the drive. I will just sum things up with saying that this was not a wilderness experance. I have seen less people at a X-mas sale at Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving.








I had one "lady" walk right in frount of me to take a photo of something when I was only a foot from the edge taken my photo.. (LOL) I have to admit I did not find it funny at the time, and had a bad reaction. Without thinking I hit this person in the head with my camara and said opps sorry, then walked away. It may not have been a nice thing to do but I bet she thinks twice before walking in frount of a person with a camara again.








The car trail we drove took most of the day so we skiped most of the side trips. We did see a Buffalo, ( not a heard ) Old Faithfull, some nice water, and lots of trees. As far as I can see it was not worth the price of $25 most people paid. Would I do it again?? Maybe but only if I was staying a lot closer to the park. The drive up and back took way to long, did not get back to the RV until after 8pm.. So now I can say I have been to Yellowstone.

No comments: