CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Monday, February 25, 2008

RV Vacation "Test Run"












Well I have been hearing about, and reading about the RV life so, to see what all the fuss was about. Got an old used RV (test) loaded it and off we go. First we get delayed d/t a couple that came over to look at the farm and stayed for four hours. Let me introduce my friends, Big lab is Shelby, Black cat is Pepper, PIA is the small cat next to Shelby, and last but not lest is Spencer. Now back to the story, Driving was a lot like when I drove a rig for a living, go until you are low on fuel then stop to fill up and eat. Get back in and drive some more until you can not drive anymore. Stop on the first day was at a KOA that must have thought it was a Holiday Inn, cost $47 dollars for one night.. Not to mention due to our own fault we had to eat out. Oh did I mention the water line in the RV does not work so we have no water.?? Can not take a private shower..

Day two was lots more driving and stopping the night at a Wal Mart for the night. Okay this was a long day and once again had to shop for food due to lateness of arrival.

Day three we arrive at our destination Escapee RV Park in Livingston Texas. Let me tell you that this is NOT the place I want to be. People are not friendly at all. Walked my dogs and said hi to folks as I walked by, not one said hi back. Best not forget to have your Popper bag with you or you will get a lecture!!! If staying here you best love crowds because it is like a parking lot, one RV next to another.


All in all I have to say if I was to hold court today about the RV life style I would say it is only for the rich and insane... Still have two more weeks so lets see if it gets any better..

No comments: