CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Monday, November 12, 2007

Guardalajara Last stop before returning to States







The last two days of the trip we spent in Guadalajara doing the total tourist thing. Went to see as many of the Historic sites as we could with the amount of time we had ( the ones that were open)Walking around a big city again was a shock to the system, ( 8 million people live in this city)seemed like if you stopped to look at something you were bumped or pushed. This is not done to be rude it is just that so many people are they that when you stop others have to adjust fast. Did come to the conclusion that I do not want to live in any big city again.


The sites in this city are worth the visit, I loved the old buildings and fountains. Hope to go back someday and get time to see more of the Museums and artist sections of the city. From the book I had it shows nine different places in and around the city that I found of interest, only went to two. Of the two we did see we still could not see it all. I figure it would take at lest 10 days to hit all the places in one visit, and that would still be pushing.


Several things I would not repeat if I go back. First I would want to stay at a different Hotel, The Holiday Inn was to costly ( NICE ) and the restaurant service left a whole lot to be desired. Check out one place that sound interesting, Hotel Francis, built in 1610. Even if it is not up to most (U.S.) standards I think it would be fun to stay in at least one time.

As all trips go we did have to leave and return to the states. Everything went like clockwork except for having to stand in line at customs for over an hour to reenter the country. I will never understand why it takes so much longer to come back to the states that to enter other countries.

Back home now getting ready to head back to work. Will update the blog about that in a few days.. ( Maybe )

No comments: