CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Work Boat







Well today I saw the new work boat for the first time, it does not belong to the Snapper, but I wish it did. We on the Snapper are expected to keep up with our training at the same rate as the people on the large streamer boats, yet are given less equipment and often it is of lesser quality. A big example is the boat, we no longer have any that we can use to go out in, and the streamer has this boat. Hard to train on small boats without one... Enough about training......






I get off the boat Monday the 23rd of Nov, if the weather is nice... if not then will be on the boat for Thanksgiving... Forecast at the moment can go either way... We will get off by helicopter the same as the big boys, as you can see the chopper looks small on the boat in the photo. If I could get a photo of one on the Snapper it would look a lot bigger, because the Snapper is smaller..






One good thing about being on the Snapper is it is an all American crew, big boats are mixed and we folks are not always welcome... Truly can not say I blame them seeing how we are always telling everyone that "we" are the best of this and the best of that... About the only thing we are "best " at is tooting our own hone..... I have been to several other countries and no longer see how we can say we are better than anyone.... it is just not true... Enough of that also...






Been trying to learn Spanish and so far feel like a great big failure, if my mother was still alive I can hear her calling me stupid.... Thinking back I wonder why a mother would call her own child stupid.... Yes, I had subjects that I had problems with, but what I needed was help, not name calling. have lots of bad memories about growing up that center around my mother. Funny thing is that none of my really good ones center around her.. She is in some of them but never as the center, then again I do not think her children were the center of her life anyway.






This is turning into a bitch and cry session, so be it... Not a lot of people read my blog so I guess I can say whatever I bloody well please.









Thinking a lot of my trip to the Yucatan coming up in a week.... Hope the drive is worth it, I am looking forward to stopping to take lots of photos and maybe stopping along some small beach? Sight seeing, eating, taken photos, and being with Kay and the fur kids will be fun no matter what. We are hoping to cross into Mexico on the 25th or 26th of Nov. all depends on when I get off the boat..... Hmmmmm How many times have I said that???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl let it out!