CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Headed for the Yucatan..





Today we crossed into Mexico from Brownsville Texas. The crossing was almost painless, we drove over, went to the office got our papers, and paid for them all in less then 30 min. On the way out I took one photo of the inside of the building, and two outside showing the sign for the border. I was stopped before I made it to the car being told I was not allowed to take pictures in the area, had to delete all three photos. I think the reason I had to delete them was because the outside ones showed uniformed security with guns. Not show if it was army or what but I think that is the reason why I had to delete them.

After that we tried to find our way out of Matamoros , we went this way then that way and ran at least one stop sign. Then we were stopped by Jimmy, a " tourist guide " he tried to tell us how to get to the HWY, and at the same time lectured us on the wrongs of running stop signs. According to him it could mean three days in jail, and a fine of 1300 pesos. After he got in and showed us to the HWY ( took maybe 5 min. ) he requested to be dropped off and wanted taxi fare back. For the trouble he saved us we were more then happy to pay the few pesos it cost. His information and company were worth it all..

The rest of the day was , how do I say this BORING..... Nothing worth shooting for photos, mostly because the land was flat and boring, but also because the day was gray and overcast.
Only thing I took photos of was one of the several road construction areas we drove into and out of.. A drive of just over 300 miles took the best part of the day, we start at 0800 and finished at 1600 this evening..

Found a Best Western for the night in Tampico, so all of us Kay, Spencer, Shelby, PIA, and myself will get some rest and start over tomorrow.. Tomorrow we head for Veracruz...

No comments: