CARE Center Livingston Texas

CARE Center Livingston Texas
Wings of a butterfly

Friday, May 29, 2009

Yesterday goats Today was Chickens

Yesterday I built a fence in the goat run to make it faster to catch the little kids. Wonders of wonders it worked, I was able to get all four under shelter for the night in no time at all.

Today was a new ball game, I went to First Monday in Canton just to look around for a few hours. I really did not think I would find anything that I was willing to buy, but as happens I was wrong. After walking all the way down and back ( Dog alley ) I had enough and was headed back to the truck when I say a little dog run into a small stall hidden in the bush. Being a dog lover I went to see what he/she was up to and ran into a chicken stall.... This little old man and his wife started talking to me as if I had known them all my life and was just dropping in for a visit. As we talked I looked around and saw two chickens laying, now that was the best way to make a sale with me.. I then proceeded to buy the two with eggs and four others that I liked the looks off.. Then had to get the truck to come back for the chickens...
As soon as I walked back into the stall to pick up the chickens a lady was waiting and wanted to know if I would sell her four of the six chickens I had just brought? She was willing to pay me $10 more for each then I had paid. Thought about it then decided if then chickens are that good I should keep them??? So home we go..
Problem we have no chicken coop, now I spend the next four hours putting together a coop that will at least hold the chickens for now. No door to the outside yet, will have to wait until tomorrow when I am a bit rested and can think on how to do it. Until then the girls are free to eat and drink inside only..












No comments: